December 4th, 2014
Dear Senior Kindergarten Parent(s)/Guardian(s),
Thank you to all the parents/guardians who attended the French Immersion information meetings. This letter acts as a reminder that registration for the Grade 1 French Immersion program for the 2015 – 2016 school year begins on Thursday, January 8, 2015.
Registration placement into the French Immersion program will run from January 8-31, 2015. Registrations received by January 31 will be used to create the Grade 1 classes for the French Immersion program for 2015-2016. Interested families may register for the program at the Waterloo Region District School Board website: www.wrdsb.ca/french. Students who register after January 31, 2015 will be placed in classes where space is available or be placed on a waiting list.
For the 2015-2016 school year, students will be placed in classes through the following process:
- Registrants who have a sibling registered in the French Immersion program will be given preference until Saturday, January 31, 2015.
- Registrants who live within the geographical boundary of the school, and have been registered prior to January 31, 2015, will be placed next. If the number of residential boundary registrants exceeds the number of spaces available in the program (20 per class), and all students with older siblings currently enrolled in the French Immersion program are placed, a lottery system will be used to determine acceptance into the program.
- If space is available, students registered by January 31, 2015 from out of boundary will be placed in the program via lottery.
- Any registrations received after January 31, 2015 will be placed in available classes or on waiting lists in the order they register, regardless of residency.
- Efforts will be made to accommodate as many waiting list students as possible.
A letter from the French Immersion school will be sent in March, 2015 to inform all families of children who registered for the program about the status of their enrollment.
If you have any additional questions or require more information about the French Immersion program or the registration process, please call 519-570-0003 extension 4277.