September 1st, 2023
Tuesday, September 5, 2023, is a professional development (PD) day for elementary and secondary school staff.
- Students will not attend school, in person or virtually
- All board-operated Extended Day and Youth Development programs will be closed
About Professional Development (PD) Days
PD days are held throughout the school year to provide learning opportunities for school-based staff. This professional learning focuses on providing educators and staff with the knowledge and skills needed to support and enhance student achievement and well being.
What Staff Are Learning
Tuesday, September 5, 2023 – Full Day Session
- Focus: Mandatory Health, Safety and Awareness Training
- Format: Online
- Learning delivery method: Individual completion of online mandatory training modules
- Presenter(s)/Facilitator(s): Waterloo Region District School Board
- Schools Participating: All Elementary and Secondary
Content of Staff Learning
Individual online mandatory training modules hosted on the Brightspace platform which includes videos, presentation slide decks and quizzes dedicated to the following topics:
- Anti-Sex Trafficking
- Concussion Management
- Cyber Security Awareness Training
- Violence and Harassment in the Workplace Training
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Workplace Violence Prevention Training
Learn more about Professional Development for School Staff on the WRDSB website.